NM State Police–NMSP Frequently asked COVID19 Questions_
NM Govenor’s Office–Press Releases
Navajo Nation–Press Releases
Navajo Nation –Weekend Curfew Order
NMSU Extension Webinars–Financially Navigating the COVID-19 Outbreak
Economic Development Department- Assistance for Businesses
New Mexico Association of Commerce and Industry- Resources and Information
NMIDEA- Economic Rapid Response Taskforce
NM Dept of Workforce Solutions- Information for workers
Small Business Administration- Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
NM True- Business Information
Beware of Stimulus Check Scams.
Press release from City of Albuquerque
How to Spot a COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Scam:
- Government agencies will not contact you through social media, phone, text, or email.
- Government agencies will not ask you to verify your personal information or provide banking information. It is not necessary to provide this information in order to receive your stimulus check.
- Government agencies will not ask for your Social Security Number.
- Government agencies will not contact you to get your funds “immediately” or “faster.”
- Government agencies will not ask you to pay a “processing fee.”
If a scammer calls or contacts you, don’t engage – hang up – delete the email – do not click on a link. Report scams to the Federal Trade Commission.
Watch Out For:
- Government imposters – confirm websites from lookalike websites. Make sure it is a legitimate government website before believing any information provided to you.
- When in doubt, assume it is a scam.
Online Government Resources:
Report all scams to the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
The Consumer Financial Protection Initiative is the City’s consumer protection bureau charged with helping consumers protect themselves from unfair and deceptive business practices, expand city services to help consumers who have been harmed by an unfair or deceptive business transaction, strengthen protections for consumers, and take action, where appropriate, against businesses that violate consumer laws.